Tuesday, January 18, 2011

HRM part II and a tough day at the office...

So - following up on our HRM discussion, here's a practical example from last Sunday's 140km ride through Catalan Wine Country, Penedes:




As you can see, we encountered a few hills, especially Ordal is pretty tough. Logging 900m of climbs in total:



And hence, you can see my HR during the 3h15m of key training (total ride was close to 4 hours):



So I am clocking 144 BPM on average, which I guess is OK for now. Must say I maxed out on some climbs, and also during the last flat home to BCN, where Guillermo pushed close to 52-53 km/h and I had tunnel vision. For a comparison, Guillermo posted 128 BPM for the same training - that's scary ;)

Map and Elevation using: www.mapmyride.com
HRM is my Garmin FR405.

Cheers - T

No comments:

Post a Comment